This complete breakfast, all in one frying pan, can turn an ordinary Saturday morning into a very special moment with the family or friends after a hectic week.
- 3 ripe Plantains
- 5 Beef sausages
- 6 Eggs
- 1 medium size Onion
- Red peppers
- 2 cooking spoon vegetable oil
- Curry leaves
- Pinch thyme
- Chicken seasoning to taste
- Cut plantains into small cylinders of about 4 to 5 pieces. Fry till golden brown and set aside.
- Steam the sausage till it is cooked and cut into cylinders, same height as the plantain.
- Beat the eggs; add the spices, oil, seasoning, pepper and half of the diced onion.
- Oil the base of the frying pan well, arrange the dodo and sausages at the base; sprinkle half of the vegetable oil in between the sausage and dodo at the base
- Pour in the egg mixture, ensuring even distribution of the mixture. This should come up to about 3/4 the height of the dodo and sausage. You want the dodo and sausages to peep through the eggs when the mixture is cooked.
- Bake in oven for about 15- 20 minutes or until the egg is set and ready to be served.
- Alternatively, a medium size frying pan can be used to cook on medium heat over the burner. When the base is set, turn onto a bigger frying pan to cook the top part well.