This vegetable salad is usually served as a side dish for fried rice or jollof rice and it can also be served on its own.
- Chop the carrot, green beans and cucumber and set aside in different bowls
- Slice the cabbage and lettuce in a different tray
- Boil the eggs and remove the shell
- Soften the cabbage, green beans, carrot and peas by adding to small boiling water and allow to simmer on low heat for 3-4 minutes
- Heat water to boiling point and pour into the sliced cabbage in a bowl, allow for a minute then drain.
- Drain the carrot/green beans, peas and set aside in a bowl
- Sprinkle a handful of cabbage on a tray, and then sprinkle the carrot/green beans/peas, also the lettuce leaves and keep repeating the process until they are all in one place.
- Slice the egg and drop on the top of the salad.
- The final mixing is done as people dish out the salad; add the salad cream and baked beans.