- Unveils four pre – event activities
- Working closely with Lagos State
After organizing five successful events in Abuja, the Nigerian Teen Choice Awards (NTCA), a brand initiative of Nelz Global concepts Limited train is set to move to Lagos as organizers unveil plans for the sixth (2017) edition.
The NCTA brand is aimed at catching them young by recognizing, encouraging and rewarding outstanding teens/youth and personalities who have imparted positively in their various fields of endeavour.
At a Press Conference held yesterday in Lagos, media strategist of NCTA, Victor Atewe stressed that, “The NTCA brand knows that teens are very energetic and talented, and as such if such energy is not channelled properly, they lose focus and drive. That is why the brand is keen on promoting and encouraging them, to ensure they feel the drive to do more.”
The Nigerian Teen Choice Awards is an annual event that began in 2012 and has since held five successful editions to celebrate and encourage deserving teenagers and personalities in various categories including music, lifestyle, movies, education, fashion, innovation and more with over 300 awards given. Also, 40 top celebrity awardees including Seyi Sheyi, Korede Bello, Davido, Praiz, Teckno, Burna Boy, Denrele, Yungsix, Lil Kesh and many others have graced the NTCA stage.
This year the NTCA brand is raising the bar with four unique pre-event activities, some with cash prize reward for the winners in the competition, in preparation for the main award event slated for August 5, 2017 at Eko Hotel and Suite, Lagos with over 50 categories for nomination out this year.
The four pre-event activities are:
- Kick the ball – It’s a sport project aimed at building champions through football competition among teens/youths at the grassroots level. This event will take place at the Teslim Balogun stadium. Registration is free and entry is open for both individuals and teams resident in Lagos only.
- Nationwide Essay competition- This is for secondary school students which will be done in partnership with Federal Ministry of Education, with cash price reward.
- NTCA theme song – An online competition for young music lovers and young talented teens. The song would be the official NTCA theme song for 2017 and will be performed at the NTCA main award event. However, the theme song must conform with the NTCA brand which is all about creativity, passion and uniqueness.
- Charity walk – There will be a charity walk to orphanage within Lagos in July as a means of giving back to the society.
According to Project Coordinator, NTCA, Blessing Okoh, the event is usually held in August as the brand is passionate about the importance of education. “NTCA is very passionate about the education of the teens that is why the event is in August when they are on their long vacation.”
With the growing need to diversify the Nigerian economy with youths making up 70% of its population, this year’s theme, “Our lives online” will create an avenue for teenagers to creatively maximise their potentials and courage online entrepreneurial skills for nation building and development of human resource. There will be a business talk from key players on how to positively utilize the online opportunities for genuine purpose.
Calling for support, the Vice President of Lagos Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Yeye Nike Shobanjo said that, “Until now NTCA has been supported by parents, this is why we want corporate organisations, and others to come in and be a part of what we are doing this year. This year, NTCA is working closely with Lagos State too.”
Also, Ken Bassey, media publicist, added, “We are appealing to parents, corporate organisations and philanthropist to support NTCA 2017 to make it a success.”
NTCA 2017 is proudly supported and endorsed by the Federal Ministry of Education, Federal Ministry of Youths and Sports, Lagos Ministry of Youth and Sports and National Association of Public Relations and many others.
Interested participants should visit the website – www.ntcawards.org to register and get more details.