Most times we don’t have enough time during the week to pamper our face and skin the way we desire because of time. But thank God it’s Saturday today so you can spare sometime to pamper your skin.
So today, you can conveniently have a DIY facials and body scrub that will leave your skin fresh, smooth as well as healthy and glowing by exfoliating off old layers of dead skin.
Having face and body scrubs is essential for all skin types. However, you should opt for a scrub that is suitable for your skin.
For a DIY all you need to make your own body and facial scrub are ingredients that you already have stashed in your kitchen or in the fridge.
Hence, we will be looking at two types of sugar scrubs. Just remember the consistency of your scrub should not be too oily (runny) and it should not be dry (crumbly). So, you have to find that “happy medium” between the two.
If your scrub is too oily just add some more sugar and if it’s too dry, then, add some more oil.
Sugar and Olive Oil Scrub
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup sugar or brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients and mix properly.
How to use
- Spread the mixture on your skin and gently message over your body for two minutes to slough off dead skin. Then leave for about five minutes
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
Lemon and Sugar Scrub
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl and mix properly
- Add honey to the mixture and whip until a medium thick consistency forms
- Add the sugar and mix properly
How to use
- Apply to body, massage into skin and leave for 15 minutes when you want to bath.
- Rinse with warm water.