Charles Manson‘s grandson is not giving up his plan to claim and bury the mass murderer, even after GoFundMe pulled the plug on his fundraising website Thursday.
We will not sit back & let them throw Mr. Manson away like trash. His whole life he lived with the pain of feeling unclaimed,” the post read. “We must not let this happen in death. Together we can help Jason bring his grandfather home & prove to the world Charles WAS LOVED & WILL BE CLAIMED!” The campaign read.
The fundraiser reached $979 before GoFundMe shut it down.
“I have no clue,” Freeman said when asked if GoFundMe gave a reason for the blackout. “This is a circus. I’m letting a couple of my friends assist and help out. I’m trying to stay out of it.”
“If we can’t raise money with GoFundMe, we’ll find another way. It will definitely be a group effort. It’s not just one person, it’s a lot of people holding hands,” Jason Freeman told the Daily News.
Manson, who had been serving nine consecutive life sentences for mass murder, died in hospital earlier this week of natural causes.