GT Beauty: Benefits Of Using Rice Water On Hair, Skin
Today, let’s talk about the importance of using rice water in beauty routine. Do you know that whitish water you strain and throw away when you wash your rice can be used to solve several beauty-related issues? Well, now you know.
Rice water is not only inexpensive and easy to make but it’s also an effective beauty relief for cleansing, toning, and lightening hyperpigmentation for skin types. It also tightens and firms the skin to appear refreshed as well as reduce pore sizes. It contains proteins and carbohydrates that can easily brighten your skin and prevent certain early signs of aging.
If you’re not aware, rice water contains amino acids and vitamins B, C, and E that make your skin glow and helps hair grow long, shine as well as healthy.
The beauty of rice water is that you can make it at home yourself and it doesn’t contain any form of chemical. And whether you want to use rice water on your skin or hair, you should see results after the first use.
Rice water on the skin
Rice water is good for acne as it reduces redness and clear blemishes, and the starch in the water is said to soothe the inflammation of eczema.
To use on face, soak a cotton ball in rice water and apply all over your face first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Allow your face to dry naturally. You can also use it as a facial wash.
Rice water for hair
Rinsing hair using rice water is a traditional beauty treatment popular in many regions in Asia. However, today, this alternative beauty remedy is now popular all over the world. It makes hair healthy, grow, and shine.
· Wash hair thoroughly with shampoo
· Rinse thoroughly with water
· Pour rice water on your hair
· Massage the rice water into the hair and scalp thoroughly
· Leave for 10 – 15 minutes
· Then, rinse hair thoroughly using lukewarm water
How to make rice water
There are basically two ways to make your rice water – soaking and boiling method. You just need to choose the method that will be easy and less stressful for you.
The soaking method is the easiest and quickest way to make your rice water.
· Take 1 cup of uncooked rice and rinse thoroughly
· Put rice in a bowl and add 2–3 cups of water
· Allow to soak for 30 minutes. But for a more concentrated solution, you can leave it for about 12 hours or more to allow it ferment to bring out all the vital vitamins and minerals.
· Strain the rice water into a clean bowl
· You can refrigerate the rice water until you’re ready to use it.
Your uncooked rice water is ready for us.
Boiling rice is the second way to make rice water.
To make a concentrate of rice water to use as a facial wash or conditioner for your hair, cook rice in boiling water and strain the rice water into a clean container before use. That is your rice water and it contains a high concentration of nutrients.