Rice is a staple food loved by many people but do you also know that whitish rice water you strain and throw away can be used to solve several beauty-related issues? Well, now you know.
Rice water contains amino acids and vitamins B, C and E that work well for the hair and the skin. And that is because the white solution that is obtained from boiling or diluting rice can be considered as the best beauty solution that can be used to solve numerous beauty-related problems.
It is not only inexpensive and easy to do but it’s also an effective beauty balm for cleansing, toning and lightening hyperpigmentation, sun and age spots suitable for skin types.
It also tightens and firms the skin to appear refreshed as well as reduce pore sizes. And it is chemical free and fresh. It also contains proteins and carbohydrates that can easily brighten your skin and prevent certain early signs of aging. It also helps to make your grow long and thick.
The beauty of using this water is that you can see results after a single use. Rice powder can be used as a body scrub to remove dead cell.
There are two methods to make your rice water at home. Just choose any method that is convenient for you.
Method 1: No boil method (Uncooked rice)
It can be prepared easily without boiling by following these steps.
- Take a cup of rice and rinse in water.
- Pour 2 cups of water into the rinsed rice and stir well.
- Keep it for at least 30 minutes. But if you want the water to be really concentrated, leave for 24 hours.
- After 30 minutes stir it and strain the solution.
- You can store the solution in a clean container and keep it in the refrigerator.
- This rice water solution can stay for at least 3-4 days and can be used whenever needed.
Method 2: Boiled rice water
To make a concentrate of rice water to use as a facial wash or hair rinse, prepare rice as you normally would after it has gotten to a boiling point, strain out the whitish looking water. That is your rice water and it has a high concentration of nutrients.