Harry And Meghan Are Officially Not Returning To Royal Life

Harry And Meghan Are Officially Not Returning To Royal Life

 

 

 

 

When Prince Harry and Meghan Markle quit as working members of the royal family last year, their deal included a stipulation that it would be reviewed after one year.

Now, the couple has made up their minds once and for all after discussing with the Queen that they will not be returning as working royals.

Buckingham Palace said in a statement: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have confirmed to Her Majesty The Queen that they will not be returning as working members of the Royal Family.

READ ALSO  Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Buy Their Own Mansion, Move Out Of Tyler Perry’s

“Following conversations with the Duke, the Queen has written confirming that in stepping away from the work of the Royal Family it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service.

“The honorary military appointments and Royal patronages held by the Duke and Duchess will therefore be returned to Her Majesty, before being redistributed among working members of The Royal Family.

“While all are saddened by their decision, The Duke and Duchess remain much loved members of the family.

READ ALSO  Meghan Markle’s Estranged Father Says He Is ‘Disappointed’ By His Daughter’s Decision

They will lose their patronages and associations with all of the following organizations: The Royal Marines, RAF Honington, Royal Navy Small Ships and Diving, The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust, The Rugby Football Union, The Rugby Football League, The Royal National Theatre, and The Association of Commonwealth Universities. These patronages will now be distributed amongst other family members, presumably including Prince William and Kate Middleton.

However, Meghan and Harry’s press release stated that “service is universal” and they will continue to work with numerous charities such as Invictus Games, Mayhew animal rescue, Smart Works, and others.

Harry and Meghan quit as senior working royals in March 2020 to earn their own money in the US, where they have signed deals with Spotify and Netflix estimated to be worth more than £100 million.

READ ALSO  Lagos Private Schools Announce Closure Over Coronavirus

Stepping down as working royals also means the couple will not be able to hold on to their military, Commonwealth and some other patronages.

The Sussexes, who are expecting their second child, are poised for their “intimate” interview about their lives with chat show queen, Oprah Winfrey on March 7, since they will be able to speak more freely without any official royal associations.

.