NAF Dismisses Boko Haram Video On Shooting Down Missing Alpha Jet As False

NAF Dismisses Boko Haram Video On Shooting Down Missing Alpha Jet As False

 

 

 

 

 

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has dismissed claims made by the terrorist group, Boko Haram that it gunned down the missing Alpha jet, which disappeared from the radar on March 31.

Boko Haram had this evening claimed responsibility for shooting downing the aircraft in a viral video.

But the Director of Public Relations and Information Nigerian Air Force, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, said the viral video could be clips from a previous incident.

He insisted the video is fraught with inconsistencies that established it was fake, adding the lush vegetation in one of the videos suggest it was not in the Northeast.

READ ALSO  Boko Haram Leader Shekau Claims Responsibility For Maiduguri Bombing

NAF spokesperson, Gabkwet, said, “We have seen some videos but there is nothing that has proven that the aircraft in those clips belongs to us, or have you seen a Nigerian Air Force aircraft number or the body of Air Force pilot or have you seen any Air Force uniform until we get all these details to strengthen out, we are not going to go into speculation.

“That video could have been shot somewhere. I have seen four videos so far, one of them has lush vegetation in the background, and I wonder where they have such vegetation in the Northeast. Unless they did something and they are releasing the clips bit by bit, we are waiting.

“Except we have evidence because like I said, these persons have families and you cannot go to their wives, parents or wards, you must bring concrete evidence. There must be something to show.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.